Easy fixes for fashion disasters
1. Spray your tights with hairspray to avoid runs. Before you put them on, mist hairspray all over your tights to help them last longer.
2. Use baby powder to get rid of oil stains. Get pizza grease onto your favorite skirt? Baby powder is one of the most effective ways to soak up oils. Just sprinkle all over the stain and leave it on for a half hour before washing it.
3. Put your jeans in the freezer to kill odors. Washing your jeans too much fades the color, so if your fave pair isn't dirty but has been worn a bunch, stick them in the freezer overnight to freshen them up. The cold will get rid of any smells.
4. Remove wrinkles with your flat iron. Got a small wrinkle on your collar or on your sleeve? Run your flat iron over it on medium heat, and you're good to go!
5. Fix a stuck zipper with coconut oil. Dip a cotton swab in some coconut oil and rub it along a stuck zipper to loosen it up.
6. Remove deodorant stains with dryer sheets. Dryer sheets won't rip apart or leave any residue on your clothes. Just rub the white marks with one until it's completely gone.
7. Stick two fingers under your bra band to make sure it's the right fit. If you can't fit two fingers under the band comfortably, then it's too small. If you can fit more than that, then it's too big.
8. Stretch out new flats by inserting sandwich bags filled with water and freezing them. Ever put on your brand new shoes and run out the door only to realize 20 minutes later that they totally pinch your toes? Fill up two plastic sandwich bags with water, place then inside your flats, and put them in the freezer over night. Then, allow them to thaw. You'll notice that your shoes will fit more comfortably.
9. Paint cheap jewelry with clear nail polish to prevent the finish from tarnishing. Apply a clear coat to your new faux gold and silver accessories right before you wear them to protect the finish from fading, tarnishing, and chipping.
10. Save shredded heels with glitter! Have a favorite pair of pumps you've worn outside so much, the heel is basically ruined? Instead of tossing them, apply glitter to hide heel damage, and you've got a whole new pair of glitzy, two-toned shoes!
11. Use a paper clip to turn a regular bra into a racer-back. Push your two straps together at the back, and secure them with a paper clip right at the middle to hide your bra straps.
12. Spray sweat stains with lemon juice before you wash them. Deodorant and sweat stains will be gone in no time, and your white tees will look brand new!Subscribe in a reader
Share this post